In the world of sports, engaging athletes and nurturing their development are critical aspects of success. Basketball Queensland (BQ) has been on a remarkable journey in this regard, and we are excited to share their recent success story with the iNSPIRETEK platform.
Luke McGuire, Player and Coach Development Manager at Basketball Queensland
Meet Luke McGuire: Shaping the Future of Athlete Development
Luke McGuire, the Player and Coach Development Manager at Basketball Queensland, spearheaded the initiative to engage athletes in the Future Development Program (FDP). This program is a cornerstone of BQ’s player development pathway, focusing on identifying, supporting, and developing young athletes aged 12-13 years old, along with nurturing aspiring talented coaches.
iNSPIRETEK’s Infinite App: Transforming Athlete Engagement
Luke’s strategy revolved around utilising iNSPIRETEK’s Infinite app, our cutting-edge wellness app designed to elevate athlete performance and well-being.
He set clear goals for the athletes:
- Daily Well-being Check-In: Athletes were encouraged to complete a daily well-being check-in, fostering consistency in tracking their physical and mental health.
- Activity Tracking: Athletes were prompted to track their activity, providing valuable insights into their overall activity load.
Strategic Implementation for Success
Luke implemented a well-thought-out strategy to introduce the app effectively to the FDP athletes:
- In-Person and Online Sessions: Luke conducted both in-person and Zoom sessions to ensure all athletes were on board.
- Notification Setup: He guided athletes to enable notifications and set wellness reminders, ensuring that everyone remained engaged.
- Engagement Challenge: Luke initiated a 30-day engagement challenge, igniting healthy competition among athletes. Prizes awaited the top 5 athletes who consistently completed check-ins and tracked their activities throughout August.
The Remarkable Result
The results speak volumes about the success of this initiative. The FDP teams achieved an outstanding average of an 87% check-in engagement rate in August, making them one of the most engaged teams across all organisations.
Looking to the Future
What sets BQ apart is their forward-thinking approach. They plan to implement iNSPIRETEK’s platforms from the FDP stage onwards. This means that athletes are introduced to the concepts of well-being and tracking right from the start of their journey with BQ. The aim is to provide longitudinal data on these athletes, allowing for continuous support and development as they age up and progress through the ranks.
Basketball Queensland’s commitment to nurturing the well-being and development of their athletes is truly commendable. We are proud to be a part of their journey, and we look forward to supporting more athletes and organisations in achieving their goals.
For more information on Basketball Queensland’s Future Development Program and their partnership with iNSPIRETEK, you can read the full news on the BQ news section.